Job Purpose: To support the kitchen team in cleaning, food preparation and receiving/storing deliveries; to adhere to customer service standards and company procedures; to contribute to the team’s ability to achieve departmental targets and objectives, therefore will be required to perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assisting with the smooth running of the kitchen production areas.
- Washing dishes manually and also by using the dishwasher.
- Assisting in basic food preparation.
- Cleaning pots, pans and any other kitchen utensils.
- Storing away all crockery, cutlery and glassware.
- Sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.
- Emptying bins when they are full.
- Dealing with all customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Making sure that all kitchen equipment like food mixers, fridges, cookers are in good working order.
- Reporting any fault equipment to the kitchen manager or chef and then arranging for their repair.
- Keeping the storerooms well stocked and organised at all times.
- Keeping breakages down to a minimum.
- Handling all glasses and other crockery/cutlery with great care.
- Accepting food deliveries from suppliers and storing them.
- Assisting in other areas of the hotel when required to.
- Using the correct amount of specialist chemicals when cleaning work surfaces and equipment.
- Ensuring that at the end of the shift the kitchen is ready for the morning staff.
|Job Category||Hotel, Restaurants|